Missouri Domestic Relations Appeals

On occasion, I have handled domestic relations appellate work in family court cases such as divorce, paternity, or modification judgments. The appeal process is time-intensive and must be undertaken only by attorneys who have sufficient time to devote to your appellate case, as well as the experience to properly handle the matters at hand. Sometimes the attorney who handled the underlying case handles the appeal, and sometimes they do not.

If a judge issued a family court judgment that is flawed or is unfavorable to you, you should consult with an experienced attorney immediately to explore your options for relief from the judgment. In some limited cases, you may be able to seek to set the entire judgment aside or amend certain portions of it. This will be fact-specific and depend on the procedural posture of your case. In other cases, you must make sure certain things are done right away to preserve your right to appeal the judgment or it is waived forever.

I take consultations for domestic relations appeals on a case-by-case basis. We will go over the details of your case and your judgment and will discuss your situation and legal needs.

Speak with a Missouri Family Law Appeals Attorney

We welcome you to contact McKenna Family Law to speak with us about assistance with appealing a Missouri family law judgment.

Meet Myia McKenna

Myia McKenna's Profile Image
Columbia, MO Divorce & Family Law Attorney Myia McKenna has been practicing in the area of family law for more than 15 years and is the founder of McKenna Family Law, LLC. Myia grew up in Boone County, attending Southern Boone Schools and Rock Br…

Read More About Myia


“Myia exudes confidence and strength and has the education, experience, wisdom, and skills to back it up.”
– Former Client

Read More From Our Clients

For More Information

    By submitting this form I understand that contacting the firm through the website does not start an attorney/client relationship
  • This field is for validation purposes and should be left unchanged.

Contact Us